3 MD Hospitals Ranked Among Nation's Best
Patch reporter Kristin Danley-Greiner wrote this story.
MARYLAND— Three hospitals in Maryland are among the best in the country, according to new rankings Tuesday from Healthgrades, an online physician and hospital locator.
Healthgrades evaluated 4,500 hospitals across more than 30 common procedures and conditions to determine the 250 that received 2024 America’s Best Hospitals Awards.
Hospitals in Maryland among the top 250 nationwide are:
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center (top 100), Baltimore
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital (top 250), Baltimore
- UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center (top 250), Glen Burnie
Healthgrades said in a news release that it used data-driven, clinically validated methodology that focuses solely on patient outcomes to determine the rankings.
“Hospital quality is a crucial, yet often overlooked, factor to consider when choosing a doctor,” Healthgrades’ chief medical officer and head of data science Dr. Brad Bowman said in the release.
Healthgrades said a recent survey showed 76 percent of consumers would only choose hospitals with high-quality rankings for their condition or procedure, and nearly two-thirds (63 percent) are more likely to choose a hospital that received a quality award when deciding between two hospitals before scheduling a procedure.
Click here to see our roundup of 2023 hospital rankings from across Maryland.
More News from Glen Burnie
- 6 MD Hospitals Ranked Among World's Best: Newsweek These six Maryland hospitals were just ranked among the world’s best.
- Safeway-Harris Teeter Merger Meets Roadblock, MD Sues Owners Safeway and Harris Teeter want to merge, but Maryland is suing their owners. The chains have about 80 stores in the state.