St. Paul's Lutheran School
This private school is tucked behind its namesake church on a manicured, wooded lot that feels more rural than it is. The parking lots are on either side of the church and behind the school—just follow the long curving driveway. Before- and after-school childcare programs are available, and the school takes security very seriously: There is an exterior door that visitors must be buzzed into by staff and an additional set of locked doors that lead to the actual school facilities.
- Fax: 410-766-9059
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7am - 6pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Lutheran
- Acceptance rate (%): 99
- Graduation rate (%): 98
- Accreditation/licenses: All teachers have at least a Bachelor's degree, and one-third have earned Master's degrees. All teachers are certified by the state of Maryland, and the school is fully accredited.
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 24 to 1
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Older students are strongly encouraged to complete volunteer and charity work.
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: Yes
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K - 8
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Choir, band, art, intramural sports teams, dance, music, drama
- Sports teams: Soccer, volleyball, football, basketball
- Uniforms: Yes
- Age range: 5 - 14