In his first year at Freetown Elementary, Principal Jeffery Haynie said he is working to establish strong communication between home and school. Haynie said he acknowledges that children learn not only at school, but at home as well, so connecting with parents and the community leads to higher student achievement.
- Fax: 410-222-6902
- Hours: School: Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 3:30pm; Office: 8am - 4pm
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped accessible building
- Founding Date: 1959
- Number of students: 475
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 22:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 22
- How engaged is the school with the community?: As a Title I school, Freetown works to be very involved with they community holding monthly family nights and participating in Freetown Day annually.
- What makes this community special?: The kids make the community great, as well as having an involved staff who want to get involved in the community.
- Grade levels: Pre-K - 5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Some extracurricular activities include a dance team and after-school reading and math programs as well as Saturday school options.
- Student clubs: Drama club, etc.