Gov. Martin O'Malley will discuss his legislative plans for education with Anne Arundel Community College students and school leaders at a roundtable session on Thursday in Arnold.
The talk will focus on a group of active students, who will share their experiences, challenges and accomplishments at the community college, according to a release.
Among the participants are AACC students from across the county, including:
- Darius Butler, 25, of Annapolis
- Claudette Dupont, 27, of Catonsville
- Eir Rovira Holmfridardott, 24, of Edgewater
- Marcelle Lee, 40, of Severna Park
- Jeremy McGowan, 31, of Glen Burnie
- Gary McNeil, 20, of Owings
- Dustin Shirley, 31, of Odenton
- Johanna Tejada, 24, of Baltimore
- Katelyn Tiffner, 17, of Pasadena
- Chris Woolvine, 19, of Pasadena
The meeting will begin at 2:30 p.m. at the community college's Cade Center for Fine Arts on the Arnold campus, located at 101 College Parkway.
Get local stories delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.