.

Kitchen Fire Claims Glen Burnie Home

Four adults and two children were displaced Thursday night as a result of the blaze, fire officials said.

Four adults and two children lost their home Thursday night after a kitchen fire claimed the house, fire officials said.

Firefighters responded to a house fire in the 1800 block of Ridgewick Road in Glen Burnie at about 7:40 p.m. Thursday, according to Anne Arundel County fire spokesman Chief Michael Cox.

It took 28 firefighters about 30 minutes to get the fire under control. No one was home at the time and no injuries were reported.

An initial investigation leads firefighters to believe the fire began in the kitchen and was the result of unattended cooking, Cox said.

The fire is estimated to have caused $100,000 in damages.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »