.

Baby Hospitalized for Phone Cord Burns

The injuries were not life-threatening, a fire official said.

A 21-month-old child was sent to the hospital after burning her hands on a cell phone charging cord in Glen Burnie, a fire official said.

At 9:11 p.m. Saturday, Anne Arundel County firefighters were dispatched to the 100 block of Wells Avenue in Glen Burnie for a report of a 21-month-old female with burns to her hands. 

It appeared that she had been shocked with a cell phone charger after trying to fit it back into an outlet, said Lt. Keith Hamilton of the Anne Arundel County Fire Department.

She was transported to Johns Hopkins Pediatric Center with injuries that were not life-threatening, Hamilton said. 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »