Invite a friend
GBIA Tree Lighting
Don't forget that the GBIA Tree Lighting takes place tonight (Friday - December 7th) at 7pm.
Here's what we have planned:
• Lighting of a beautifully decorated tree
• Visit from Santa Claus (as long as everyone has been good)
• Free craft project
• Free cider/hot chocolate and cookies
• Letters to Santa writing station
• Letters to Santa Mailbox (please include name/address so Santa can reply)
• Personalize a Christmas card (courtesy of Bruster's Real Ice Cream) for Service Members overseas.
"Like" The Glen Burnie Improvement Association on Facebook for complete details.
We hope you'll be able to join us!
More About Glen Burnie Improvement Association (GBIA)
The Glen Burnie Improvement Association (GBIA) is a non-profit, all-volunteer organization. For over a century, the GBIA has been fostering projects that enhance the quality of life for local families. In the early days, members were instrumental in forming the volunteer fire company, health center, recreation programs and cultural initiatives. That proud tradition continues today as the GBIA supports schools, youth activities, senior services and many other worthy organizations in the greater Glen Burnie community.
The public is invited to attend general membership meetings which are held on the second Tuesday of each month beginning at 7pm.
Issues affecting the community, such as public safety, planning and zoning, transportation, crime and beautification are regularly discussed. Members' concerns are conveyed through GBIA representatives to state and county officials. Guest speakers are often invited to present current information and local elected officials are regularly in attendance.