Top 5: Woman Thrown From Car, Extreme Summer Heat Arrived
Patch takes a look back at stories that ran last week on the site.
Here are some of the top headlines from June 18-24 in Glen Burnie (in no particular order). Click on the links to see the full stories.
- An Odenton woman was thrown from her car and left in critical condition in an accident near the Giant at Crain Highway. Witnesses say that Elizabeth Lisa Quinones, 49, of Glen Burnie was speeding at a very high rate.
- The stabbing in Glen Burnie of an 18-year-old male is still under investigation. Police believe this was not a random act of violence.
- Glen Burnie teacher, Charles Day, is retiring after 40 years. He is one of 30 that are retiring in the area this year. Also, eight new teachers will be coming to Glen Burnie this year.
- Summer is officially here and extreme heat caused the county to open cooling stations to keep you safe and comfortable. Check out the comments section for additional cooling tips from readers.
- Once-a-week trash collection poll: A whopping 76 percent of readers say they do not recycle more with this change. Did the county do the right thing?
What was your favorite story this week? Tell me in the comments.
About this column: Each week we'll review the most viewed, most commented and most interesting stories from the week.