Officials to Observe 'Moment of Silence' for September 11
The county executive and public safety personnel will pay tribute Tuesday morning at the 9/11 memorial at the Police and Fire Department Headquarters in Millersville.
The county's 9/11 memorial located at the Police and Fire Department Headquarters in Millersville offers residents a local place to reflect on the attacks that took place on Sept. 11, 2001.
On Tuesday morning, County Executive John R. Leopold encourages the public to join him at the memorial at 8:50 a.m. for a moment of silence to pay tribute to the public safety personnel, victims and troops who lost their lives.
“Our memorial featuring steel beams from the World Trade Center has become an important place to reflect and learn about a day that will forever live in infamy,” Leopold said in a prepared statement. “We encourage the public to pay tribute, reflect, and participate in a day of service.”
The Police and Fire Department Headquarters is located at 8501 Veterans Highway in Millersville.
See more from Patch's coverage of 9/11 in 2010-2011:
- National 9/11 Memorial Tour Makes Stop at Police and Fire HQ
- 9/11 Memorial Remembrance in Millersville
- Touched By Terror: Patch Remembers 9/11 in 911 Snapshots
- Shards of World Trade Center Steel Inspire 9/11 Memorials Across America
- Residents Remember 9/11 at Police and Fire Headquarters
- Local Firefighters and Police Remember 9/11