As noted earlier this week, Glen Burnie Patch celebrated its one-year anniversary. And that year has definitely had some lows, but it's had a few highs, as well.
Here are five things I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving:
- I'm thankful for the fact that in this tough economy I not only have a job, but I have a job in a field that I love where I can bring news and information to the residents of Glen Burnie.
- I'm thankful to all of the people that I've met since I moved here a little more than a year ago who've taken me in. Specifically I'm thankful for: Carol Boyer with the Northern Anne Arundel County Chamber of Commerce, Candy Fontz with the Glen Burnie Improvement Association and Don Rau, who now is in Sen. Ed DeGrange's office, who immediately got what Patch is all about and has helped me in more ways than I can count; Brenda Kelly who was a good sport and went with me for my first duckpin bowling experience—I'll say it again, I'm sticking to 10 pin; Phillip and Jenn Tompkins who opened their home and took me in when I had no one nearby to spend Easter with; and Abundant Life Church Pastor Dan Mucci who helped me through a really rough time when I was questioning my purpose in Glen Burnie—your words meant so much to me and I thank you for them.
- I'm thankful for the amazing talented writers I've worked with over the past year, especially Gloria Dietz who has been with me from the very beginning. (Make sure you read her T.I.P.$. money-saving column twice a month!)
- I'm thankful for all of the bloggers who've pitched in their work over the months. I'm happy that you feel comfortable enough to share your recipes, thoughts, opinions and expertise with all of us in this space.
- And most of all, I'm thankful for another year to do it all over again. Who's ready?
So tell me. What are you thankful for this year?