Mr. Wings Closing Arguments To Be Heard Wednesday
Lawyers are expected to present their closing arguments to the jury on Wednesday morning.
Lawyers are expected to deliver closing arguments Wednesday in the first-degree murder case against a Glen Burnie teen.
Shawn Anthony Johnson, 19, of the 7800 block of Winborne Drive is charged with the 2010 first-degree murder of Misael Flores during a botched robbery at Mr. Wings & Pizza.
Click the links for the full details:
- Misael Flores is shot twice in the chest on Nov. 12, 2010—the night before his 21st birthday. He dies later that night from his injuries.
- Police arrest Vincent Ethan Bunner of Pasadena, who was 17 at the time, on Nov. 13, 2010.
- Police arrest Johnson, who was 18 at the time, on Nov. 17, 2010.
- Police issue a warrant for the arrest of Willie Antonio McLean of Glen Burnie, who was 19 at the time, on Nov. 23, 2010. He surrenders to police Nov. 24, 2010.
- Police issue a warrant for the arrest of Charles Sequan Butler of Brooklyn Park, who was 18 at the time, on Nov. 24, 2010. He is taken into custody on Nov. 29, 2010.
- On Dec. 29, 2010, police announce the arrests of Bunner and Johnson in the Aug. 9, 2010, murder of 7-Eleven employee Youssef Attia, 48. They continue to search for a third suspect in the case.
- Trial against Bunner begins Jan. 24, 2012.
- Bunner halts the trial on Jan. 26 and pleads to guilty to two felony murder charges—for the deaths of Flores and Attia. He is scheduled to be sentenced July 23.
- Butler enters an Alford plea June 5 to second-degree murder on what was to be the first day of his trial. He is scheduled to be sentenced July 20.
- Trial against Johnson begins June 5.
- McLean testifies against Johnson on June 7.
McLean testified as part of a plea agreement with the state, where he will plead guilty to second-degree murder and the state will recommend he serve 20 years.
He is scheduled to stand trial in October. The trial against Johnson in Attia's murder is scheduled for August.