Baby Hospitalized for Phone Cord Burns
The injuries were not life-threatening, a fire official said.
A 21-month-old child was sent to the hospital after burning her hands on a cell phone charging cord in Glen Burnie, a fire official said.
At 9:11 p.m. Saturday, Anne Arundel County firefighters were dispatched to the 100 block of Wells Avenue in Glen Burnie for a report of a 21-month-old female with burns to her hands.
It appeared that she had been shocked with a cell phone charger after trying to fit it back into an outlet, said Lt. Keith Hamilton of the Anne Arundel County Fire Department.
She was transported to Johns Hopkins Pediatric Center with injuries that were not life-threatening, Hamilton said.